For all GST and GST regulations, we can designate a member of our firm or organization to serve as an authorized signatory on all transactions.
What does the term “Authorized Signatory” mean in the context of GST?
The term “Authorised Signatory” in the GST context refers to the Taxpayer who has been granted permission to run the GST Account on the official GST website.
- The maximum number of Authorized Signatories on a partnership firm registration form is ten.
- The promoters are frequently regarded as the transaction’s key Authorised Signatories.
- The promoters are often recognized as the primary Authorised Signatory for the transaction in the majority of circumstances.
All GST-related information and notifications are delivered to the Primary Authorised Signatory’s registered email address and phone number, among other places.
What is the Authorised Signatory PAN (Personal Identification Number)?
When we talk about Authorised Signatory PAN, we’re talking about the Authorised Signatory’s Permanent Account Number.
To register for GST, you must include the Permanent Account Numbers of all of the partners in your business.
Applicants are required to submit bank account information, mailing address information, and a variety of additional information about the partners involved. PAN information is one of the most crucial fields, and it must be filled in with attention.
What does a Letter of Authorization for GST exactly mean?
A total of ten Authorised Signatories can be registered for a business that is dispersed over many states, partnership firms, limited liability partnerships, and many other types of companies.
An individual who is principally responsible for operating the firm’s GST account should be registered as a Primary Authorised Signatory. All the other partners should choose this individual to sign the registration form.
GST official website provides all the letters confirming the registration of a partner or promoter as a Primary Authorised Signatory.
The statement of the centrally authorized signatory is completed on the Letter of Authorization for GST. The Letter of Authorization for GST must be signed by all of the business partners who are currently registered.
Also Read: Step-By-Step Guide to Surrender GST Number
Who is Eligible to Make Changes to the Authorised Signatory or the Authorised Signatory’s Contact Information?
Ordinarily, the person who registers for the Goods and Services Tax enters the contact information for the promoter as the contact information for the Primary Authorised Signatory on the registration form.
A GST practitioner, a Chartered Accountant, and the applicant who filled out the registration form are all qualified to change the registration.
Changes to the contact information of an Authorised Signatory can be made by either a Taxpayer who is enrolled as an ordinary taxpayer or a Taxpayer who has chosen to participate in the composition scheme.
It is possible for taxpayers registered under any business kind (tax deductor and collector, foreign consultant or embassy taxpayers, online service provider who does not reside in India, and others) to update their contact information.
Specific documentation should be presented to change an authorized signatory in the GST system.
There are several options available, including deleting the registered person, adding new partners, and editing the details of existing partners.
The following documents are required for altering an authorized signatory:
A company operating graph of the individual who wants to be registered as the authorized person is required.
- The Aadhaar card of the business promoter or partner who intends to register themself is also required.
- The new person’s PAN card is needed whose name they want to be written.
- The bank account information for that individual.
- Proof of the Authorized Signatory’s mailing address.
- A valid phone number and email address of the individual who wants to be registered as a business are required.
- The documentation listed above must be presented for a new individual to be added to the GST business account.
It is possible to edit the contact information which has previously been registered as an approved signatory.
On the other hand, taxpayers do not require such documents to change the contact information of an Authorised Signatory.
By using the email address and phone number of the Primary Authorised Signatory and any other Authorised Signatories already registered, one can update the information for the contact.
How To Change Authorized Signatory In GST?
It is possible that registered companies will need to update the information about their partners.
There may be a need of adding new partners while also removing previously registered partners.
In the GST system, there is no explicit provision for altering the authorized signatory. You must submit a Letter of Authorization for the Change of Authorized Signatory.
Form GST REG-14 must be completed and submitted to change the Authorised Signatory.
If you want to make changes to your company’s information that will affect its Permanent Account Number, you must complete a new registration.
Form GST REG-01 must be completed and submitted to initiate a new registration.
Related: How to File GST Online the Right Way
Steps to follow to complete the process
- Visit the GST Official Website.
- Go to the GST website to learn more about the tax. The official government website for the Goods and Services Tax is www.gst.gov.in.
- GST Login
- It will be best to press the ‘Login’ tab on the Official Portal and then select the ‘Login’ button on that page.
- Fill the blanks with your information.
- When you select the ‘Login’ tab, the login page will appear on your computer.
- There, you must enter your username and password before clicking on the ‘Login’ button.
- Select ‘Services’ from the drop-down menu.
- After you click on the ‘Login’ button, your account information will appear on the screen.
- You should first select the ‘Services’ tab from the navigation bar, which will be located on the left side of the screen. This option can be found on the left-hand side of the display screen.
- Navigate to the Registration page.
- As soon as you click on the ‘Services’ page, a list of all available options will appear on the screen. Then you must select the ‘Registration’ tab from the drop-down menu.
- Change the specifics of the core field.
- After that, select ‘Amendment of Registration Core Fields’ from the drop-down menu.
- All of the options relating to amendment will be displayed as soon as you select this tab.
- Promoter/Partners can be found by clicking here.
- Add more partners by deleting existing partners or updating the details of previously registered partners if you want to expand your network of partners.
- After that, select the ‘Promoters/Partners’ tab from the navigation bar. When you click on this tab, a list of all of the registered partners will be displayed.
- Make changes to the specifics.
- You must first select the ‘Add New’ tab from the drop-down menu to add new partners. After that, enter the information for any new partners.
- Additionally, you must attach scanned documentation about the new employee. Then click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- If you wish to make changes to the information about existing partners, you must first select their names from the drop-down menu.
- You have the option of selecting either ‘Edit’ or ‘Delete.’
- To edit contact information, click on the ‘Edit’ icon, and to delete the contact, click on the ‘Delete’ icon (as seen below).
- Prepare and submit the amendments.
- You will next be required to submit the revisions that you have made.
- Select the ‘Verification’ Icon from the drop-down menu.
- If you want to continue, you must select the “Verification” option from the drop-down menu. A disclaimer message will appear on your computer screen as soon as you click on this link.
- If you agree with this and wish to proceed with the process, you can visit our latest app, “Lio.”
All information is kept strictly confidential, and you’ll receive updates as soon as the GST application undergoes any modifications.
In terms of security and usability, the GST dashboard excels. Taxpayers can easily switch according to their preferences between the tabs on their browsers. In reality, there are numerous other areas in which improvements might be made.
When making any new adjustments, just be careful to spell everything correctly before moving on. If your company has numerous locations, you can easily add another APOB to your account. The GST dashboard must be notified in the event that you wish to sell things on amazon India and keep them there.
Once the APOB is in place, managing and operating various duties from various locations will be a breeze for you. The key element is that the GST dashboard allows for any alteration that is requested by the authorities.
The adjustments you have made to the GST application must remain confidential, which is critical to keep in mind. The information in this section can be used as a reference, or if you lose track of the real data, you entered during the GST procedure.
How can Lio help?
Lio app was released to assist taxpayers with the changeover to the new indirect tax regime. Toll-free numbers, videos, and reading materials on GST are all available through the app, which also aids taxpayers in making the switch to GST. It also responds to taxpayers’ concerns about the new system of intangible taxes.
Lio’s automation ensures adherence to rules and controls while also improving process efficiency for your team and minimizing the likelihood of human error. It also provides a complete audit trail, saving time spent seeking lost paper files.
Cost and time savings are accompanied by increased flexibility, control, and visibility into processes. In addition, an automated AP department’s buy platform provides for easy invoice matching, which is enabled through automation.
Not downloaded the Lio App yet? Here is how you can start with Lio App.
Step 1: Select the Language you want to work on. Lio for Android
Step 2: Create your account using your Phone Number or Email Id.
Verify the OTP and you are good to go.
Step 3: Select a template in which you want to add your data.
Add your Data with our Free Cloud Storage.
Step 4: All Done? Share and Collaborate with your contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you tell me how to modify an authorized signature in GST?
Once you’ve logged in to the GST Dashboard, go to Services and complete the procedures outlined above.
How can I update the GST-approved signatory with a new mobile number?
In the authorized signatory portion of the service tab, in other words.
Is it possible to alter the GST panel’s authorized signatory?
You have the option to alter it.
How do I alter the authorized signatory in GST?
Yes, it is possible to alter your company’s locations.
How can I update the authorized signatory’s mobile number in GST?
To do the necessary alterations, you can make use of the edit option and then follow the steps mentioned above.
How can I alter the mobile number of an authorized signatory in GST for the business owner?
The same process is applicable for every GST software.
This guide should help you learn how to change the authorized signatory on the GST site step-by-step.
All stages must be followed, and any necessary modifications must be made in the fields without any typos in the name or other details.