How many times have you made your new year resolutions and then failed at keeping them? As per some reports, 9-12% of people are able to keep their new year’s resolutions till the end of the year.
So why do people fail at keeping their resolutions? Let us look at some of the most popular reasons.
Reasons For Failure Of New year Resolution
- In one 2014 study, 35% of participants who failed their New Year’s Resolutions said they had unrealistic goals.
- 33% of participants who failed didn’t keep track of their progress.
- 23% forgot about their resolutions.
- About one in 10 people who failed said they made too many resolutions.
This is actually true for all of us, we often make unrealistic goals or forget about them altogether after the first few months. What we need is not just a resolution but an entire plan on how to create resolutions for 2023.
How great it would be to end a year feeling accomplished and satisfied that we achieved, if not all, then most of the goals that we had set for ourselves with the rest of the goals as work-in-progress.
Lio makes this very easy for you and would help you plan, execute and achieve your goals this year. Are you willing to learn? Then let’s start.
Learn from Last Year
The first step in setting your new goals for the new year is to first retrospect the last year and learn from them. You should reflect on the last year along with all the learnings that you had. Think of all your successes and growth, and your shortcomings, and ask some really hard questions.
All this would help you create good but most importantly achievable goals for the new year. Ask questions like:
- What am I most thankful for?
- What did I accomplish?
- What am I most proud of professionally and personally?
- What were the biggest obstacles I overcame?
- What new skills or habits have I developed?
Set Your Goals
Now that you have answered these questions, you can now start to set your new goals as you would have a clear idea of what you want to do and how you want to do it.
While working on the list of goals, keep in mind that these should be your biggest goals also that they should be both personal as well as professional goals. Your goals must consist of the things you want to accomplish and things that you are willing to work to accomplish.
In short, set goals that you have the intention to achieve. You can create your goals on Lio with just a few simple steps.
How You Will Achieve Your Goals- The Plan
When your goals live alongside the work you do every day, they’re never more than a click away. This ensures they’re never forgotten, and get integrated into your daily life.
Here is how you can create a template for your new year resolution 2023 with Lio.
- Log into your account and create a new document. Give it a name; in this case, New Year Goals.
- Make at least 4 columns. Make the first one “status” which would show whether you have started with the project or it is still something you need to work on. This column type would be “Select Box”.
- The second column would be about the goals you want to achieve. Think about the big goals and the smaller steps you would have to take to achieve them, which would be the project. For example, if your goal is to save money, the project would be to stop eating out more, have fewer outings, etc. The column type would be “text”.
- The third category would be the goal category. For this choose the “label” column type. Now add all the categories and you can also color code each of these categories.
- The fourth column would be about the smaller projects you need to work on for each of these goals as mentioned earlier. Remember that one goal would have multiple projects to achieve that goal. The column type for this would be “text”.
These smaller projects are the actions you need to take. As you tick each of these projects, you would be walking closer to your goal. To be more dedicated, you can be more granular and assign timelines and dates to your projects. Think and work hard on your projects which are smaller steps toward your big goal.
Create a file on each of your goals and the projects you need to work on to have your big win and then link those to this new year resolution file. This way, you are just a click away to know what you need to work on next and can easily track your achievement.
“To climb up the ladder, every small step matters.”– Jerome Verallo
Once you start to create your goals while keeping all these things in mind, you would realize how easily you are able to follow and achieve them. Moreover, Lio makes this process all the more fun and easy to track.
So, start your new year’s journey now by downloading the app and creating your New Year’s Resolution template only with Lio.